The Yarn Shop on the Square
December 30, 2015
Wow, how time flies. We have now been open at our new location for over two months.
The Fiber Closet has not changed it’s name, just it’s location. We are now located on the west side of the Rockville Town Square. Our tag line is, “The Yarn Shop on the Square”. I know there has been some confusion that people thought we had changed our name to Yarn Shop on the Square. I was trying to play off the Debbie Macomber book, The Shop on Blossom Street. In the book, the name of her shop is, “A Good Yarn.”
Here is a quick list of what we have been doing:
- Classes have started and more are being planned. Be sure and check out our class catalog.
- Gina has been writing our newsletter so be sure and sign up for our newsletter. Sign up is available on our Facebook page or on our
- I have started dyeing yarn. Plan to start dyeing fiber soon.
- Every Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, we have our Vest KAL.
- On Friday, the 19th, Gina and I attended The Knit and Crochet at the Sheraton in Indianapolis. I think we both came home inspired to “get” knitting.
- In moving, I have uncovered some “treasures” that I will be posting for sale. We will keep you posted by “News & Views” and this blog.
Peggy Fyfe has brought in a Baynes Colonial upright spinning wheel in our “Once New” consignment area. This castle wheel has been used about 25 hours. If you are looking for a different spinning wheel or your first wheel, you should come and check it out.