The Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel is one of the most popular spinning wheels.
Why is it so popular?
- The separate drive band and bobbin brake adjustment is easy to understand and simple to operate.
- The bobbins are quick and easy to change.
- Scotch tension and 4 speed flyer allow for a wide variety of yarn to be spun.
- Horizontal adjustment of the maiden bar allows perfect alignment with the 4 speed whorl.
- Ball bearings and large 56cm (22 inches) wheel makes treadling smooth and effortless and easy to maintain a steady speed.
- The wide legs give good stability especially when speed spinning.
- The treadle is pivoted to allow a comfortable heel-toe action.
- Lazy Kate and 4 bobbins are included.
- The many optional accessories make this an extremely versatile wheel.
Ashford Traditional spinning wheel specifications
- wheel diameter: 22″
- orifice: 3/8″
- orifice height: 26.5″
- bobbin capacity: 3-4 oz
- single drive ratios: 6.5, 12.5, 17.5 : 1
- double drive ratios: 7.5, 10, 14 : 1
- weight: 17.5 lbs
- includes vertical lazy kate and 4 bobbins
There are several variations on the Traditional wheel. It is available in a single drive or double drive version. (The double drive version is already fitted with Scotch tension for easy use as a single drive.) The Ashford Traditional spinning wheel is made from New Zealand silver beech, a sturdy wood with a slightly reddish tone. The wheel may be ordered finished or unfinished. If you order the unfinished wheel, you will need to finish it with oil or lacquer before use.
All wheels are shipped ready to assemble.
Optional equipment for the Traditional includes:
- jumbo flyer
- lace flyer (for single drive only)
- high-speed double drive adapter kit
- sliding hook flyer
Direct shipment from manufacturer/importer. Usually ships within 2-6 weeks. E-mail updates will be sent.